In August, 2011, we closed our doors at 2525 Michigan Ave in Santa Monica to begin the process of moving to our current address at 2639 South La Cienega Blvd, Los Angeles.  We acquired a 1953 courtyard building and worked in collaboration with W3 Architects to carefully reimagine its design.

With a generous new exhibition space filled with natural light, and welcoming a new director-curator alongside, Samuel Freeman—while still remembering its historical roots in Betty Asher and Patricia Faure’s Asher/Faure Gallery—moves forward with the addition of exciting, challenging, and relevant contemporary programming in this new location and context.